There are jobs and then there are careers. Join the team of Autovol Solutioneers!
Position: Machine Operator
DESCRIPTION AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Autovol is committed to building top-quality, affordable housing by empowering a devoted team of savvy solutioneers with the latest in automation technology for off-site volumetric construction.
We have the ability to change the way we build through the automation of the construction processes. Autovol, Inc. in Nampa, ID, is the first fully automated volumetric modular factory in the USA, and most advanced modular factory across the World. Apply today and join the team that will shape the future of construction.
While the primary role of this position is to operate various machine stations within the production lines, this individual will also be troubleshooting sensors and actuators by program and I/O – checks. The right candidate will be eager to learn, be well organized, detail-oriented, and focused on the success of the team/company as a whole.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate the various machine stations in the production lines. The machine stations consist of ABB robots, motorized conveyors and other electrical and pneumatical equipment.
- Troubleshooting of mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- Troubleshooting sensors and actuators by program and I/O-checks (basic level of programming understanding).
- Driving improvements by suggesting system and routine enhancements.
- Working with industrial safety systems and maintain a high level of personal safety in the factory.
- Jog and run the industrial robots (ABB) and make small adjustments to the existing robot-code.
- Make calibrations to both robot and servo motor positions.
- Understanding of industrial robotics and other current automation technologies (mechanical, electrical and programming).
- Experience working with machines and/or robots is preferred.
- The position requires a strong drive to maintain a stable production phase and high up-time of the factory’s machinery.
- Desire to innovate and create with a willingness to stretch the limits of what’s been done before.
- Willingness to implement processes, instructions, and strategies to improve our performance as a team.
- Proven ability to problem solve, troubleshoot equipment problems and perform system tests are required to perform effectively in this role.
- At least one year of working with machines and/or robots
- Experience with volumetric construction
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED:
Education from an EE, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics major is preferred, but not required
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy starting with 10 days annually and increasing with years of service
- Paid holidays and no night shifts!
- Dual plan Medical Insurance: 100% Employer-paid PPO Medical plan for employee (only) or 100%
- Employer-paid HDHP Medical Plan for employee and a child
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Supplemental Policy coverage
- Voluntary 401(k) and Roth IRA plans
- Local perks, including discounted Costco and Axiom gym memberships
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequent speaking, listening, sitting, use of hands/fingers, handling other objects with adequate breaks. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and lifting 50+ pounds regularly.
Autovol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate based on gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Autovol is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities under the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws. Autovol is a tobacco & drug-free workplace.
Wages commensurate with experience.